Please take a moment to read this!
I’ve just finished my first year studying Computer Science at UC Berkeley, and my idea of fun this summer is to build a tumblr application!
Having spent years on tumblr, I’ve always been frustrated that there’s no easy way to view your original posts in one centralized place. I know most people use tags, like #personal or #me, but tags can get messy to keep track of as well. I have a tentative idea for a solution: a web application called stalkr (I’m open to name suggestions).
- Take a blog’s URL. Any tumblr blog works, doesn’t have to be your own!
- Using the tumblr API, retrieve a number of this blog’s original posts regardless of type: text, photos, quotes, link, chat, audio, video
- Reformat these posts in a new HTML file
- Open a new tab to this HTML file
- And voilà! Original posts in one place, not cluttered by reblogged content
Plans for the future:
- Make the stalkr interface pretty, instead of just a simple prototype like pictured above.
- Create a Chrome/browser extension, so when you’re on a blog and you want to know more about the owner, you just click a little icon in the corner of your browser, and a new tab pops open, delivering that OP goodness.
- Bring up the scale of the number of original posts retrieved, so stalkr could be used as a backup service for your blog by downloading the generated HTML file.
What I’m asking for
- Feedback! Let me know if this is something that interests you, so I know how seriously I should be developing stalkr.
- Publicity! Please reblog this post so the idea gets out to more people, so I get even more feedback!
So please help me out with my first real programming project. Homegirl’s just trying to build a life for herself.
This is the result of the merger of 5000 pictures taken within 48 hours
Literally, ignore them.
Don’t invite any parts of them into your space."
The human brain is an amazing organ. It functions 24 hours a day from the day we are born and only stops when we are taking an exam or fall in love.
why are bras and period products so fucking expensive okay this shit pisses me off, it’s not like i asked for boobs or for my vagina to destroy itself every month
Something about you…. I just can’t resist you even when I really should